• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Night Sweats

PureLife

Bluelighter
So recently ( the past month) I've been getting these terrible night sweats. I wake up 2-3 times a night to change my shirt. It's the oddest thing. I only lightely perspire during the day as it is. So why when I sleep?

How much sweat are we talking about? Do you have to change the sheets?

I don't mean to make you paranoid but get checked for HIV as well since if you're sexually active you should be doing this at least once a year.

Do you take any medications? Or is it very hot where you are in NJ since it's the summer? Or do you sleep with lots of blankets on? Night sweats can be caused by lots of things.

a quick way to check thyroid is measure your temperature around 5am (assuming normal sleep schedule). Hyperthyroidism will elevate your temperature...hypothyroidism will lower. You gotta do this a few days in a row to get an average.

elevated prolactin can cause a lot of tossing/turning (like restless leg syndrome) which can increase body temperature which can cause sweating.

Are you losing weight this last month?

could also be an infection going systemic which can be very dangerous...although if its going on a month or more its likely not an infection (or your immune system is extremely out of whack if it is an infection).

if you have insurance, check your prolactin levels and your thyroid levels (free T3/T4 and TSH).

Hmm I thought the USA had the new health care system like Canada where you don't have to pay for general checkups, etc like thuroid problems ?

Hmm I thought the USA had the new health care system like Canada where you don't have to pay for general checkups, etc like thuroid problems ?

lmao are you serious? I couldnt even get a physical (I havent had one in 8+ years) without forking over 110 dollars.

Our economy is collapsing and the free/low income clinics are understaffed and have too many patients. Most in my area are not accepting new patients unless there is a very real emergency/crisis.

We have some legislation passing but thanks to the republicans in office now that is being tied up for awhile and people are not seeing any benefits.

Great country, huh?

Some nights is worse than others. I'm not restless and i sleep quite well. I have hepatitis ( hence the interferon/rebetol) so I'll have to ask my doctor. I have insurance.

lmao are you serious? I couldnt even get a physical (I havent had one in 8+ years) without forking over 110 dollars.

Our economy is collapsing and the free/low income clinics are understaffed and have too many patients. Most in my area are not accepting new patients unless there is a very real emergency/crisis.

We have some legislation passing but thanks to the republicans in office now that is being tied up for awhile and people are not seeing any benefits.

Great country, huh?

Haha yeah.
If I learnt something today this would be it .

I really don't understand why the US hasn't fixed this ongoing problem.

It must really suck for low income citizens, student etc.

I'm glad I don't live there .

Oh Canada ---> the futures superpower.... Along with china :-(

I'm going to get a blood test and have them run a few different panels, esp. the Thyroid stuff. Also I'll go get the HIV testing, though i have only had one partner and havent shared needles in years. I was tested much during that period of time.

hope you are well now, was it diagnosed? i have this for thyroid and stress issues but i also believe hormonal fluctuations , depending on age etc.

hope you are well now, was it diagnosed? i have this for thyroid and stress issues but i also believe hormonal fluctuations , depending on age etc.
Hi @piecesofapril, glad to see you posting around here. Just an FYI, by bumping threads that are over 10 years old, you are actually addressing people who may not even be active members of Bluelight anymore. Please feel free to make your own new threads till your heart's content <3

Anyways, welcome to Bluelight and I hope to see you around!

So recently ( the past month) I've been getting these terrible night sweats. I wake up 2-3 times a night to change my shirt. It's the oddest thing. I only lightely perspire during the day as it is. So why when I sleep?
It happens often to me also....to my wife also.....some med.condition could be.idk.Go to doc.,if this would calm u down.Personally don't go to docs despite i have often various symptoms....just cannot deal with some diagnose.....better to don't know nothing.Would live exactly so much that written for me.Nor a second less&more.Look-dentist is another beer.Got to visit him everytime in need.Especially when I through out the previous fucker in the garbage

Hi @piecesofapril, glad to see you posting around here. Just an FYI, by bumping threads that are over 10 years old, you are actually addressing people who may not even be active members of Bluelight anymore. Please feel free to make your own new threads till your heart's content <3

Anyways, welcome to Bluelight and I hope to see you around!
thank you, Will do. I appreciate your acknowledgment, welcome and suggestion